Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Simplicity

I left my house early for work today morning. On my way, I spotted something which I thought I'd share here.
At the corner milk shop, four school-kids, none of them more than 7-8 years old, had lined up and were slowly counting coins to buy their packets of flavoured milk. All the kids had a school-bag on their back and looked smart in their white shirt and blue shorts. One or two of them were so small that they were peering over the short display window.
The shop-owner, a good 6-ft tall and with a bushy moustache, towered over the kids and smiled down at them and their efforts of getting the number of coins right. A moment later, he bent down to help the youngest of them since the child could not hold all the coins in his palm. The little kid looked at the shop-owner with wide-eyed amazement at how easily he could count the coins and do the math in his head, all at the same time.
I shook my head and with a smile, continued my walk to office.

3 comments:

ani said...

:) awww...!

Phoenix said...

That brought a smile! :)

Shekhar said...

@ani: :))))))))))))

@phoenix: :) Welcome to my blog.