Wednesday, January 04, 2006

A boys hostel secret

There's one secret about the boys hostel here at Nirma which I think deserves to be made public. [Note to bhaiyon and bandhuon residing in the boys hostel: PLEASE, PLEASE read the complete post before heading towards my room to celebrate my 'birthday'].

To meherbaan, kadardaan..Suniye suniye suniye...

[ala Kishore Kumar] Ek hasina thi...

Saare (boys hostel waale) deewane the....

Kya umar, kya nasha, kya zamana thaaaaa....

(Seems 'Karz' has had a major effect)

Well, according to what I gather from my discussions with the fairer sex, they seem to be of the opinion that a boys hostel is a dark dungeon where the minds of men, more often than not, turn towards preparing a '20 things I would love to do' list whenever they would spot any of the ladies mentioned below..

1. Aishwarya Rai
2. Priyanka Chopra
3. Bipasha Basu
4. Pamela Anderson
5. Carmen Electra
6. Kirsten Dunst
.
.
.

The list, to be honest with the girls, is actually endless.

There's no disagreeing the fact that we love to watch Ash dance to 'Kajra Re' with both Amitabh and Abhishek panting and puffing and watching her with eager eyes.

Also, there's no disputing the fact why 'Baywatch' was such a big hit. Simple yaar, it had Pamela Anderson, Carmen Electra and God only knows who else (due apologies to the story and screenplay writer of the above program).

But, even today, circa 2006, there are fewer beauty-queens who rule the heart of men more than...


Yes, the truth is finally out. She still rules!! I thought that I was the only poor fellow who hopelessly had a crush on this beauty as soon as she raises her yellow ghunghta, bites her lips, looks up at Salim, and with a naughty smile on her lips, sings "Mohe panghat pe nand laal ched gayo re..".

But I was pleasantly surprised this Sunday evening when I walked unannounced into a friend's room. He was watching Mughal-e-Azam, and what's more, he was watching the song "Pyar kiya to darna kya". Later, the same day, 2 more friends came to my room asking me whether I had Mughal-e-Azam. "Why?" I enquired. "Arre yaar, aur kya wajah ho sakti hai? Gotta watch the blazing beauty of Madhubala stand opposite the stern glare of Prithiviraj Kapoor and the soft, tender glances of Dilip saab".

Final analysis? Go ahead, Pamela/Carmen et al., run all that you want to on the beaches of America, but for a select group of us Indians (dare I mention, and quite a few Pakistanis too?), our hearts will forever leap with joy whenever a certain Anarkali says "Jahaanpanaah...."

3 comments:

R said...

hehe....madhubala rules over mallika?????
chalo bhai, yeh bhi gud hai!;)

Sayesha said...

Awesome! Great to see a guy admit this!

Madhubala in Mughal-e-Azam, and Waheeda in Chaudvi ka Chand! Wah! :)

Shekhar said...

Ruchi: Madhubala DEFINITELY rules over Mallika. From a guy's point of view, who do you think we could be safely caught with while romancing her to a dinner? :D

Sayesha: He he. Actually, I have my own list of beauties. Here's a glimpse.

1. Madhubala in Mughal-e-Azam
2. Waheeda Rehman in Chaudvin ka Chand
3. Sharmila Tagore in Aradhana
4. Vyajantimala in Jewel Thief
5. Jaya Bahaduri in Guddi/Chupke Chupke
6. Parveen Babi in Namak Halal
7. Zeenat Aman in Yaadon Ki Baraat

Do I hear someone saying "Boys will be boys?" ;)