Sunday, April 20, 2014

40 is the new 30

So, here's the deal. I'm already past 30. But I firmly believe that these '50 places to visit in India before you're 30' are worth experiencing at any age.

Hence, here's a mini-bucket list, if you will. I plan to finish visiting these 50 places by the time I'm 40.

As it turns out, I've already finished a few:

1. Kolkata (Well, I live here. So...)

2. Vaishno Devi temple (Been there as a kid. Although, wouldn't mind the trek again)

3. Orissa Konark Temple & Surfing Lessons (Did the former when I was a kid, so maybe another trip beckons. Did the latter just a couple of months ago)

4. Go to Gokarna and do nothing. (Oh how I miss the tranquility!)

5. Experience local trains in Mumbai. (Oh how I miss the mad rush!)

6. Bombay to Goa road trips (Did many of those. ;) )

7. Chandni Chowk Food trip (This was done in 2007 when I went to Delhi as a Management Trainee)


How many of these places have you visited and experienced?

1 comment:

sweetyshinde said...

Visited Kolkatta on a conference, but enjoyed the shopping of sarees for Mom.
I went to Vaishnodevi and experienced the helicopter ride, but could not go further to the mandir bcos of a festering toe abscesss.

Why on earth would anyone want to re-live Mumbai local trains?

Want to visit Madumalai and Coorg once.